Service & Support Engineer
Additive Industries is dedicated to bringing metal additive manufacturing for functional parts from lab to fab by offering a modular 3D printing system and a seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
We are looking for a Service & Support Engineer to join the Additive Industries’ Service & Support team. The Service & Support team plays an ambassador role representing Additive Industries at the customer and is an interface between the customer and the organisation of Additive Industries. In this multidisciplinary team the Service & Support Engineer is responsible for on-site installation, commissioning and qualification of Additive Industries’ highly advanced industrial 3D metal printers and supporting the customer.
You understand that good preparation and execution of installations is key to maximize the value of the Additive Industries’ metal additive manufacturing system. Preparations will start with the factory acceptance test of the system were you will cooperate with the production team. You will coordinate the shipment to the customer and execute the installation and setup on customer’s site. The installation is concluded with training our customer’s technicians and the site acceptance test. After a successful installation, continuous condition monitoring, maintenance, performance evaluation, diagnosis, software upgrades and problem solving are an important part of your job. You will provide support remotely and if required also on-site to maximize uptime. You will be the first and direct contact person for a limited number of customers where you have completed installations. In addition, you will be the Service & Support Engineer responsible for providing software upgrades and support to customers, working closely with the software team in R&D.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Organize and realize successful installations at customer site resulting in final acceptance
- Provide general training to customers’ technicians for use and 1st line support of Additive Industries’ products, specifically support and train on job preparation software, Additive World Platform, machine control software and human machine interface (HMI)
- Provide support remotely and when needed on site
- Execute condition monitoring, evaluate, diagnose and resolve problems
- Provide support to the customer with preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and monitor remote support tools and issue tracking process
- Install and deploy software upgrades at customer sites (including network preparation), interface with R&D
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
The Service & Support Engineer reports to the Manager Customer Lifecycle Support.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Software Engineering, Industrial Automation, Control- or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with high tech systems and hands-on experience in high tech systems
- Basic knowledge of control technology, and electrical systems
- Knowledge and experience with PLCs, preferably Beckhoff TwinCAT3,
- Experience with using Windows and remote assistance for IT problems
- Familiar with the terms FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking and trouble shooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports on a daily basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Hands-on experience with installing and/or servicing (software for) high tech systems
- Practical experience in providing training to end-users
- Excellent social and communication skills, commercial acumen
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch and German language in word and writing is a pré
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured ‘Fun to work with’