Entry model for process development & prototyping
The MetalFAB1 Process & Application Development Tool is designed specifically for process & application development and prototyping. Its compact footprint and competitive price point help first time users to gain experience with metal additive manufacturing before scaling up to series production. This MetalFAB1 Process & Application Development Tool completes the range of metal additive manufacturing systems Additive Industries offers to industrialise 3D printing of high quality parts for demanding industries like aerospace, automotive, medical implants and high-tech equipment.
The main characteristics of the system
The MetalFAB1 Process & Application Development Tool is Additive Industries' latest addition to the MetalFAB1 range of machines. The modular architecture, typical for the MetalFAB1 system family, allows for upgrading of the MetalFAB1 Process & Application Development Tool to a full size MetalFAB1 system later. The MetalFAB1 uses powder bed fusion with up to four lasers. In addition to the core 3D print process, heat treatment, automated build plate handling and can be integrated into one industrial grade production system. In industrial applications, reproducibility of the core 3D printing process is assured by a solid machine design in combination with a smart calibration strategy. Predictability is achieved by combining simulation and in-process quality controls with the core additive manufacturing process.
The main specifications of the system
- Process type: Laser based Powder Bed Fusion
- Build volume (xyz): 420 x 420 x 400 [mm] (16.5 x 16.5 x 15.8 [in])
- Laser type: 1 to 4 full field Yb fibre lasers at 500 [W] (later this year 1 [kW])
- Features: automatic powder handling and extraction, long life filter, smart calibration and many more
- Upgradable: fully upgradable to a 3 or more module MetalFAB1 configuration for series production