Production Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
looking for a Production Engineer to support the Additive Industries’ Operations team. As a production engineer, you play a vital role in the production and quality improvement of the MetalFAB1 system. You own a specific part of the manufacturing process of a MetalFAB1 system. This means that you are responsible for module acceptance at suppliers and a smooth system assembly and testing process at Additive Industries’ production site. In case of new products and product changes, you are also participating in the manufacturing process. You support the System Testers with problem solving in case of quality issues in the production process.
To improve production efficiency and quality you are setting up production sequences in combination with operational procedures and work instructions. Furthermore, you are defining requirements for the Development team and lead quality improvement actions with Development and external (sub-)module suppliers. You also supporting implementation of engineering changes in the manufacturing process.
All activities should lead to an efficient production of MetalFAB1 systems for series production with high reproducibility and quality.
An important aspect of your role is to discover issues in the supply chain from suppliers to system assembly to system testing (Factory Acceptance Test). The goal is to minimize the re-occurrence of discovered issues by implementing solutions at the right stage of the production process. This should not only guarantee a high system reproducibility and quality, but also lead to a shorter cycle time of the complete MetalFAB1 system production.
The ingredients for a successful performance are :
- Define module and system test protocols;
- Hands-on manufacturing support for new products;
- Support system testers with troubleshooting of quality issues;
- Define and refine production sequences to optimize towards reproducibility and quality;
- Write procedures and work instructions for all production steps on system assembly level;
- Manage production tooling (availability, completeness) located both in-house and at external suppliers;
- Implement engineering changes in production;
- Feedback production related issues to R&D teams and (external) suppliers;
- Train System Testers and Customer Lifecycle Service & Support Engineers;
- Occasionally provide support Customer support at end-users.
The Production Engineer reports to the Director Operations & Supply Chain.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar.
- Able to work both at a conceptual and detailed level;
- Analytical & structured approach;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in production environment of complex mechatronic modules and/or systems;
- Write procedures and define production sequences used in production (in English)
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies (like 8D analysis, six sigma) would be an advantage
- Knowledge in the area of PLC software would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience of complete system assembly
- Knowledge in the area of production techniques of mechanical parts
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Fluent in English
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’