Data Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment. Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFAB1 is well received in the market.
The MetalFAB1 system is a complex capital good that is intended to be used in an industrial production environment for the production of metal parts. During its usage period, customers demand a high availability of their system(s) in order to utilize it optimally in their production processes. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Additive Industries’ R&D team.
Additive Industries believes that the analysis of MetalFAB1 system data plays a crucial role to achieve these challenging targets. Not alone because it creates insight in actual machine performance but also because it can provide indicators for predictive maintenance (online conditioning monitoring) and proposals to further optimize the machine productivity.
The Data Engineer is pivotal in creating meaningful information out of the big amount of data that is generated by the MetalFAB1 system. Therefore you will develop, implement and validate the algorithms that are required to measure system performance in terms of availability, uptime, downtime, productivity and quality. First of all, you will develop a solid view of our customer needs and what information they require. Next to that you will execute the data analysis and present the results in clear numbers and figures that can be directly used for the discussion with customers . You will continuously look for opportunities for further improvement.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills with an appetite for the analysis of large amounts of data;
- You are able to look ‘out-of-the-box’ and find new ways to analyze data;
- You have excellent social and communication skills;
- You are persistent and able to work under time pressure;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The Data Engineer reports to the CTO.
Knowledge and experience
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, (Data) Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar, Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 2-5 years experience with data gathering, data collection and data analytics in the high-tech systems industry;
- Experience with programming languages like Python/R/Matlab;
- Experience with SQL;
- Basic knowledge of software, control technology, and electrical systems is considered an advantage.
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented;
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and equipped with an entrepreneurial mind;
- Proven team player who takes ownership;
- Professional, structured and ‘Fun to work with’.
Preferred start date according to our hiring agenda: November 2019