Laboratory Technician (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician with a metallurgical background to join the Process and Application Development (P&AD) team. In this multidisciplinary and dynamic team, you will play an important role in the testing and certification of metal parts printed on advanced industrial 3D metal system – MetalFAB1.
As a lab technician, you will be working on a variety of tasks. You will be responsible for testing and assessing the quality of printed test coupons, and therefore certification of metal parts. You will follow the standard test procedures and carefully log, save and report the data. You will be responsible for maintaining material databases, job reports and laboratory documentation.
Using your excellent analytical skills and ability to maintain the material data, you are expected to develop a broad material knowledge database. You will use this knowledge to contribute to different activities of the P&AD team. Examples of these activities include the development of laboratory documentation, performing mechanical and metallurgical tests, saving data, statistical data analysis, cleaning and calibration of laboratory equipment, ordering laboratory supplies and reporting to the P&AD team.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Operating lab equipment according to test standards and delivery high quality test results
- Understanding of the laboratory equipment – calibration, cleaning and organizing maintenance
- Reporting and presenting of the test results by performing statistical analysis
- Creation of extensive, but readable material databases to track process capability
- With your strong analytical skills, you perform root cause analysis on specimens that are out of specification
- Able to work in an organized and structured manner
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge about Additive Manufacturing is a plus
The Laboratory Technician reports to the Manager Process & Application Development
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master in Metallurgy or Chemistry
- At least 2 years of experience in accredited material’s laboratory
- Knowledge about laboratory environment management and safety with the accompanying procedures
- Familiar with standards for material testing
- Knowledge of statistical tools (Excel and/or Minitab)
- Experience in creating and maintaining material databases
- Experienced with writing and reporting test results
- Practical experience with high-tech systems
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Preferred start date according to our hiring agenda: September 2019