Manager Process & Application Development (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for a Manager Process & Application Development to join our Process & Application Development team. Additive Industries successfully launched their industrial metal Additive Manufacturing system, the MetalFAB1. To support our customers, we develop the print process for different materials and new applications, and provide solutions for print process simulation, monitoring and control.
The Manager Process & Application Development leads the Process & Application Development team in the Netherlands. The team is in close contact with our customers to assist and train in process and application development. We support our customers from design of the application until a post-processed product. Industrial process parameters are developed by the team to enable our customers to print their applications with predictable quality. Furthermore, business cases are calculated for their applications and print samples to prove the industrial potential of the MetalFAB1 system. For specific applications, dedicated process parameters may be developed and adaptations to the MetalFAB1 system implemented. The Process & Application Development team also plays an important role in R&D projects in the development of new products. For all our R&D projects the team will have the responsibility for process development and to represent the user in the validation of the product. The process and application development contributes by reviewing product requirements, and by defining and executing tests to validate the product.
A key ingredient for successful execution of the different activities and responsibilities is the implementation of a defined way of working. You have the responsibility to structure the team by implementing an efficient and flexible process for the operation of the different available systems and facilities, and development process.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Driving Process & Application activities:
- Supporting R&D Team in developing, verifying, maturing and improving the MetalFAB1 print process
- Defining and ensuring predictable and repeatable characteristics of products printed on MetalFAB1
- Executing process development activities for new product introductions
- Leading P&AD team:
- Leading and developing P&AD team lead R&D/ AM Process Engineering and team members within the team responsible for Sales support, Design and Production
- Managing Additive Industries’ MetalFAB1 test systems and test facilities
- Establishing and managing P&AD collaboration programs
- Supporting customer’s applications. Support Additive Industries’ Sales team in verifying customer business cases
- Setting up and leading an application consultancy team
- Successfully executing customer application developments, including material and process development, and customer specific MetalFAB1 solutions
- Identifying customer specific solutions for MetalFAB1, generate input for the MetalFAB1 roadmap
The Manager Process & Application Development reports to the Director Process & Application Development.
Knowledge and experience
- Master in Material Science, Physics or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of successful experience with process development
- Successful managing and developing a Process & Application Development team
- Experience with conducting experimental research
- Experience with laser metal processing is a plus
- Strong background in process development, verification and validation
- Analytically strong and systematic problem-solving mentality
- Good communicator (in English), both verbally, in writing and presenting
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of AS9100 Aerospace and ISO13485 quality standards is a plus
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Preferred start date according to hiring agenda: October 2019