Mechanical Designer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for a Mechanical Designer to join the development team. Additive Industries successfully launched their industrial metal Additive Manufacturing system, the MetalFAB1. In our multidisciplinary team, you will play an important role in further developing the mechanical and mechatronic sub-systems of our 3D metal printers.
Your responsibility will be the improvement of our MetalFAB1 system and the development of new modules and sub-systems. You will analyze issues and come up with creative solutions to solve them. You will design, analyze and thoroughly test your solution before releasing it to our production team.
You will also play an important role in developing new functionality and modules based on our roadmap or on special request from one of our advanced additive manufacturing customers.
Your daily work involves developing concepts and detailing them in 3D CAD, up until production drawings and bill of materials. You will review and optimize both concept designs as well as detailed drawings together with a Senior Designer. During the realization phase you will maintain contact with suppliers for guidance of prototype production. When the designed components arrive, you will support the integration of these components and test your designs to their specifications. When successfully tested you will release your design for production.
The main ingredients for a successful performance are:
- Creation and design of submodule concepts based on functional specifications
- Detailing mechanical concepts of (sub)modules to detailed drawings
- Contribute to the integration and testing of (sub)modules
- Documenting work during design, integration and testing
- Contribute to making the technical product documentation
The Mechanical Designer will report to the R&D manager
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to work both on conceptual and detailed levels
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design of complex mechatronic modules and/or systems
- 3D CAD modeling (preferably UG/NX)
- Expertise of design principles is a plus
- Knowledge in the area of production techniques of mechanical parts (sheet metal, milling, turning, welding)
- Knowledge of PLM systems (preferably Team center)
- Knowledge of project based way of working
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’