Mechatronics Design Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for an experienced Mechatronics Design Engineer to join our development team. In the multidisciplinary System Engineering and Integration team you will play an important role in the development of our advanced industrial 3D metal printer.
You will be working on the development and verification of the performance of a variety of functionalities of the printing system and supporting products. In the product creation process you are responsible for translating system requirements to a functional design specification and defining requirements for the hardware and software mono-disciplines. In a connecting role you will integrate the deliverables of these teams and be responsible for the testing and verification of the developed functionality. As a Mechatronics Design Engineer at Additive Industries you will write test specifications, develop testing infrastructure where required, execute verification tests and analyze test data yourself. In our vision this is the best way to ensure that the developed functionality meets the specified requirements.
Using your excellent analytical skills and ability to maintain the overview of complex systems you are expected to develop a broad system knowledge. You will use this knowledge to contribute to different activities of the R&D team. Examples of these activities range from the development of calibration and control strategies, function roadmaps, and internal processes to second-line technical support for our Service and Support Engineers.
The most important ingredients for successfully filling this function are:
- Translating system requirements to functional requirement
- Comparison by analysis, calculation and simulation of different functional design, calibration and control concepts
- Specifying design requirements to the hardware and software mono-disciplines
- Mechatronic integrations of hardware and software deliverables
- Developing test methods and delivering function verification test specifications
- Executing and analyzing verification tests
- Documenting your work during all phases of the product creation process
The Mechatronics Design Engineer reports to the Team Lead System Engineering & Integration
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- At least 7 years of experience in development, integration and testing of complex mechatronic modules and/or machines
- You have successfully done the integration and test process of a newly developed machine multiple times
- Knowledge of the embedded software, state diagrams, control systems technology and electronic systems
- You are familiar with product creation processes and terms like FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Very experienced with writing and setting up test specifications
- Very experienced with writing and setting up requirement specifications
- Experience with Matlab is preferred
- Able to work conceptual and detailed
- Very strong analytically
- Able to maintain overview of complex systems
- Practical experience with high-tech systems
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’