Opto-Mechanical Designer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for an Opto-Mechanical Designer to join the development team. In our multidisciplinary team, you will play an important role in the development of our 3D metal printer.
You will be responsible for the development and improvement of the optical modules and components of our 3D metal printer. In this development cycle, you will be deriving module requirements and developing concepts. You will translate these into detailed designs in 3D CAD yourself or by guiding and supervising external partners. You will analyze and review your work with team members and other stakeholders.
When required, you will design proof-of-principle test setups or functional models as an intermediate step. After creation of 2D technical product documentation, you will make sure your designs are suitable for series production at high quality standards, by development of tools, procedures and qualification tests.
At Additive Industries, engineers are not only responsible for the design, but also for extensive testing of the developed hardware to verify the performance and make any required improvement. You will test and document your designs, before release to production.
The main activities for a successful performance are:
- Specification and creation of module design concepts
- Analysis, calculation, simulation (back-of-the-envelope to FEA) of your design
- Detailing Opto-mechanical concepts of (sub)modules to technical product documentation
- Functional testing of modules to verify the design
- Documenting your work during design, integration and testing
The Opto-Mechanical Designer will report to the Team Lead Hardware Development
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor of Master in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to work both at conceptual and detailed design levels
- 8+ years of experience in Opto-mechanical design of complex mechatronic modules and/or systems
- 3D CAD modeling (preferably UG/NX)
- Finite Element Analysis experience (preferably Ansys, structural, dynamic, steady state thermal)
- Expertise and knowledge of (Opto-mechanical) design principles is a must
- Alignment and adjustment principles for optical systems is a must
- Knowledge of production techniques / manufacturability of optical components and coatings
- Knowledge of working with PDM systems (preferably Team center)
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’