Project Manager (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFAB1 is well received in the market. This yields opportunities for further improvement of the current system and the development of new products. In the position of project manager you are responsible for successful completion of strategic, multidisciplinary projects throughout the complete product life cycle, until successful market introduction.
As a project manager, you will be managing multidisciplinary teams of highly skilled experts. You will be responsible for innovative development projects containing both hardware and software, fully meeting the quality, performance, and schedule expectations of the customer. Part of the development may also be outsourced to development partners. You will take care of setting up contracts based on product specifications, and managing the development partners throughout the project.
You initiate projects by setting up a project plan in which goal, deliverables, planning and team are defined in detail. You are responsible that all requirements from internal and external stakeholders are collected, as a basis for the start of the project. Throughout the process, you constantly monitor and control planning, cost, resources, quality of the deliverables and project risks and report these on a regular basis. You oversee that all deliverables are well documented and milestones are thoroughly prepared.
Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining a planning of the resources allocated to your project(s). By gathering input from all team leads you make sure that the resource planning is always up to date. Together with the management team resources are managed, new projects are scheduled and priorities are set.
Finally, you are expected to contribute to (business) process optimization throughout the organization facilitating the ambition and fast growth of Additive Industries.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Definition of a clear and detailed project plan
- Execution of multiple multidisciplinary projects from the start until market introduction
- Intensive interaction and collaboration with product management and customers
- Managing development partners with the goal to create long term relationships
- Reporting of project planning, budget and risks
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong focus on scope and risk management
The Project Manager will report to the manager projects.
Knowledge and experience
- MSc or BSc in a relevant technical field.
- 5-10 years of experience in project management of highly complex and demanding projects
- PMI, PMP, IPMA or Prince 2 certified
- Technical background, strong organization skills and proven success in management multiple complex projects at the same time
- Experience with innovative development projects, including the ability to manage the process from relatively vague requirements to a defined project
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and V-model
- Excellent communication skills and customer focused attitude
- Travel to customer site or development partners as needed for project definition or execution
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Although we invite you to respond now and our hiring agenda is flexible, we are aiming to have this position filled ultimately by July 2019.