Senior Full Stack Developer (Eindhoven)
Senior Full Stack Developer
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Within Additive Industries we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer for our Online Platform. In a multidisciplinary team, he or she plays an important role in further developing our 3D metal printer, the MetalFAB1 and the platform that supports our machine.
Especially for supporting the metal print process, Additive Industries developed a web based platform that, via a direct connection with the machine, is used for real time monitoring, planning and controlling the print process. The Full Stack Developer will mainly focus on developing the online functionality on this platform, the connection between this platform and the machine and related business intelligence solutions. Next to this, he/she is, within the team, responsible for planning, prioritizing and realization of the development of the platform functionality and the control and fine tuning with external developers.
The Full Stack Developer contributes, as member of the development team, to design and the integration of parts of the online platform which will be developed for the industrial 3D print systems. He/she is the technical focal point for the online platform and works herein closely together with the software engineers, product owners and external parties to determine and realize the needed functionality. In this, the Full Stack Developer takes care of clear specification of the needed functionality and makes sure this is executed in firm software solutions. The Senior Software Engineer guards design choices and takes care of consistency in technical solutions, documentation and fine tuning within the team. Next to this, he/she coordinates integration and testing of the by him/her developed software modules and takes care of writing documentation of software requirements, design and tests.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Design and realization of solid software in close cooperation with the team
- Technical focal point for the Platform, internal as well as to software partners
- Daily fine tuning/planning within the team and with external suppliers
- Support in testing and integrating the system software
- Take responsibility for documenting requirements, design and tests
- Develop applications for test setups or tooling
The employee reports hierarchically and functionally to the Lead Software Engineer.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant technical or IT education, e.g. in Software Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating and realizing web applications or complex applications in a technical environment
- Proven experience in leading (external) developers and management of planning
- Knowledge of or experience in big data solutions like Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.
- Experience in (cloud) hosting, storage and server devices is a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, JSON, REST
- Experience working in an Agile organization (SCRUM)
- Experience in version control systems
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse background and experience to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident, pragmatic and result oriented
- Driven by content, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with'