Senior PLC Software Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Within Additive Industries we are looking for a Senior PLC Software Engineer. In a multidisciplinary team, he or she plays an important role in developing a 3D metal printer. The Senior PLC Software Engineer is involved in the continuous improvement of the system to meet our clients’ needs.
The Senior PLC Software Engineer works, in the software team, on the control system of the next generation industrial 3D metal print systems. The Senior PLC Software Engineer takes responsibility for design and integration of parts of the control system. In a leading role, the Senior PLC Software Engineer coordinates the activities of the team. The Senior PLC Software Engineer takes care of a clear specification of the needed functionality, on which base he or she develops solid software solutions. The Senior PLC Software Engineer makes clear design choices, which are documented and communicated in a clear way.
Parts of the 3D metal printer are developed by external partners. The final integration and verification of the 3D metal printer will be executed by Additive Industries. The Senior PLC Software Engineer is responsible for integration and (automated) testing of the developed software modules.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Designing and realizing of solid software;
- Executing tests and integration of the control software;
- Taking responsibility for documentation of design, implementation and tests;
- Developing applications for test setups;
- Executing 2nd line support to the Customer Lifecycle Support department;
- Ensuring organization and planning of the PLC Software Team.
The Senior PLC Software Engineer reports hierarchically and functionally to the Lead Software Engineer.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant technical education, e.g. in Embedded Systems, (Technical) Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating and realizing machine software or complex applications in a technical environment;
- Proper knowledge and experience in programming PLCs (preferably Beckhoff TwinCAT3);
- Experience in modelling software in UML (class diagrams and state machines);
- Experience in managing a team, e.g. as Lead Engineer;
- Experience with Scrum is a plus;
- You have a proven track record of successfully developing new machine software from idea to production.
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented;
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial;
- Proven team player who takes ownership;
- Professional and structured;
- ‘Fun to work with’.