Senior Software Architect (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for a Senior Software Architect within the R&D team. In a multidisciplinary team you play a leading role in developing next generation 3D metal printers and supporting software. You will have the challenging task to oversee all our software products, including machine control software, user interface, Additive World Platform and production/service tooling. Together with the Project Manager and System Architects you will drive the product development process until release for volume.
You have a key role in development projects as you decompose the project in work packages and assign technical ownership at software level. You are also familiar with outsourcing development, and take this into account in the software architecture. With your excellent communication skills, you provide technical guidance to team members and steer our strategic development partners. You will keep a close line with the line and project managers about estimated efforts, resources and budget.
- You are technically responsible for the development of the control software of our MetalFAB1 and other products, as well as supporting software products.
- Contributing in defining the user requirements
- Decomposing user requirements and system requirements (SRS) to a software design specification
- You will incorporate new functionality and technology roadmap items into the MetalFAB1
- Drive the product development process, technical discussions and design reviews
- You will supervise that testing and system integration runs smoothly
- You will provide technical guidance to Software team members
- Contributing to decomposing the project in work packages
- You will provide advice to the Design & Engineering Manager for assigning and staffing of technical ownership at system level
- You will provide technical guidance to team members
- Support the quality and process improvement within R&D enabling a lean and efficient way of working for the whole team. The software team uses Agile/Scrum to continuously deliver (internal) software releases.
- Contribute to the definition of the product and technology roadmap, and driving proposals for product improvements.
The Senior Software Architect will report to the CTO
Knowledge and experience
Master in Computer Science, Mechatronics or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of experience and demonstrated leadership in a high-tech production industry
- Proven track record in development and industrialisation of high tech equipment
- Solid software architecture experience in a complex multidisciplinary environment
- Knowledge of mechatronics, software and electronics gives a competitive edge
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and make critical decisions
- You are able to keep a helicopter view while keeping an eye on important technical details
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques
- Preferably you have affinity with Model Driven Software Engineering, (Beckhoff) PLCs and C#
- You are pro-active and result-driven
- You have excellent English communication skills (verbal and in writing)
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
- Additive Industries believes in equal employment opportunitie