Service and Support Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
We are looking for a Service and Support Engineer to join the Additive Industries’ Customer Lifecycle Support team. This multidisciplinary team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries, from system handover by the production team until end-of-life arrangements at our customers. The Customer Lifecycle Support team is an important interface between the customer and the Additive Industries team (research and development, marketing and sales). Next to that the Service and Support Engineer is also an important commercial ambassador.
You understand that a well-prepared execution of system installations, upgrades, replacements and maintenance is key to maximize the value of the Additive Industries’ metal additive manufacturing system. Preparations will start with the factory acceptance test of the system where you will cooperate with the production team. You will coordinate the shipment to the customer and execute the system installation and setup of the system at the customer’s facilities. The installation is completed with a site acceptance test and a training for our customer’s operators and technicians. After a successful installation, continuous condition monitoring, maintenance, performance evaluation, diagnosis, upgrades and problem solving are an important part of your job. You will provide support remotely and if required on-site to maximize uptime. You will be the first and direct contact person for a limited number of customers where you have completed installations.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Organize and execute successful installations at customer site resulting in final acceptance
- Provide general training to customers’ operators and technicians
- Provide 1st line support of Additive Industries’ products, remotely and when needed on site
- Execute condition monitoring, evaluate, diagnose and resolve problems
- Provide support to customers with preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and monitor remote support tools and issue tracking processes
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch and German language in word and writing is considered an advantage
The Service & Support Engineer reports to the Manager Customer Lifecycle Support.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Industrial Automation or similar.
- Experience with high tech systems and specifically hands-on experience with installing and/or servicing high tech systems
- Basic knowledge of control technology and electrical systems
- Experience with using Windows and remote assistance tools
- Familiar with the terms FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports on a daily basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Practical experience in providing training to end-users
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Preferred start date according to our hiring agenda: June 2019