Software Service and Support Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
We are looking for a Software Service and Support Engineer to join the Additive Industries’ Customer Lifecycle Support team. This multidisciplinary team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries, from system handover by the production team until end-of-life arrangements at our customers. The Customer Lifecycle Support team is an important interface between the customer and the Additive Industries team (research and development, marketing and sales). Next to that the Software Service and Support Engineer is also an important commercial ambassador.
You understand that good preparation and execution of system (software) installations, upgrades and maintenance is key to maximize the value of the Additive Industries’ metal additive manufacturing system. Preparations will start with the factory acceptance test of the system where you will cooperate with the production team. You will execute the system installation and setup at the customer’s facilities. The installation is completed with a site acceptance test and a training for our customer’s operators and technicians. After a successful installation, continuous condition monitoring, maintenance, performance evaluation, diagnosis, software upgrades and problem solving are an important part of your job. You will provide support remotely and if required on-site to maximize uptime. As a Software Service and Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing regular software upgrades as well as software support to customers. You work in close cooperation with Software Engineers in the Research and Development team.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Organize and execute successful installations (including network preparation) at customer site resulting in final acceptance
- Provide general training to customers’ operators and technicians
- Provide 1st line support of Additive Industries’ products, specifically on job preparation software, Additive World Platform, machine control software and human machine interface (HMI)
- Install and deploy software upgrades at customer sites
- Execute condition monitoring, evaluate, diagnose and resolve problems
- Provide support to the customers with preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and monitor remote support tools and issue tracking processes
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Stress resistant; be able to work under time pressure
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch and German language in word and writing is considered an advantage
The Software Service & Support Engineer reports to the Manager Customer Lifecycle Support.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, ICT, Industrial Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Experience with high tech and specifically hands-on experience with installing and/or servicing (software for) high tech systems
- Basic knowledge of software, control technology, and electrical systems
- Knowledge and experience with PLC's, preferably Beckhoff TwinCAT3
- Experience with using Windows and remote assistance tools
- Familiar with the terms FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports on a daily basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Practical experience in providing training to end-users
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Preferred start date according to hiring agenda: June 2019