Technical Sales Manager (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFAB1 is well received in the market. The Marketing & Sales team is responsible for branding, PR, company communications, acquisition and customer relationship management. We are currently scaling our sales organisation to be able to handle all requests from potential European and US customers. As a Technical Sales manager, you establish and maintain relationships with new and existing customers. You are responsible for the complete sales process. You will visit (potential) customers, give demonstrations of the system and software and manage the decision making process. Moreover, you are managing the relationship with our customers together with the other teams ensuring continuous user feedback, R&D input and identification of follow-up sales.
With a technical background and international experience in capital equipment sales preferably in the machine tool industry, you are eager to work in a promising new technology market. You are well organised and punctual, a good listener and well informed as well as broadly interested in the markets Additive Industries targets: aerospace, automotive, medical implants and/or high tech equipment parts. You share our passion of defining and realising the best 3D printing solutions for our high end customers like Airbus, GKN and Kaak Group.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Customer relationship management; actively approaching potential customers and follow-up of existing customers.
- Developing and maintaining close contact with existing and potential customers, identifying opportunities through regular communication in order to promote Additive Industries' products and optimize client satisfaction.
- Developing market intelligence reporting regarding potential customers, applications and target markets and using this knowledge for initiating, developing and executing the account management plan for (potential) customers.
- Visiting (potential) customers.
- Making quotations and managing the sales funnel with the support of the Sales Engineer.
- Periodically reporting on sales progress.
- Negotiating and closing contracts in accordance with commercial and legal procedures and guidelines.
- Building business cases, defining system configurations and presenting cost price calculations
- Generating input for (long term) product roadmap.
- Willingness to travel 20% - 50% of time.
The Technical Sales Manager reports to the Sales Director Europe
Knowledge and experience
At least a Bachelor in Technology Management, Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration or similar
- Successful and demonstrable track record in direct sales of capital equipment or projects and building long term customer relationships
- At least 5 years of successful experience in an international industrial environment
- Creative and commercial mind-set, ability to build effective relationships and operate in a broad range of functional areas
- Good communicator (in Dutch and English), both verbally, in writing and presenting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) and preferably Dynamics CRM
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Although we invite you to respond now and our hiring agenda is flexible, we are aiming to have this position filled ultimately by October 2019.