Additive Industries is dedicated to bringing metal additive manufacturing for functional parts from lab to fab by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFAB1 is well received in the market. The R&D team is working hard to further improve the system, and develop additional products. Professional management of these highly innovative, challenging and complex projects is considered a key responsibility of the R&D team. As such Additive Industries is looking for a project manager to take responsibility from project initiation until successful market introduction.
As a project manager, you will be managing multidisciplinary teams of highly skilled experts. You will be responsible for innovative development projects containing both hardware and software, fully meeting the quality, performance, and schedule expectations of the customer. Part of the development may also be outsourced to development partners. You will take care of setting up contracts based on product specifications, and managing the development partners throughout the project.
You initiate projects by setting up a project plan in which goal, deliverables, planning and team are defined in detail. You are responsible that all requirements from internal and external stakeholders are collected, as a basis for the start of the project. Throughout the process, you constantly monitor and control planning, cost, resources, quality of the deliverables and project risks and report these on a regular basis. You oversee that all deliverables are well documented and milestones are thoroughly prepared.
Resource management is another important aspect of your job. You are responsible to maintain a planning of all R&D resources over the different development projects. By gathering input from all team leads you make sure that the resource planning is always up to date. Together with the CTO resources are managed, new projects are scheduled and priorities in development are defined.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Definition of a clear and detailed project plan
- Execution of multiple multidisciplinary projects from the start until market introduction
- Intensive interaction and collaboration with product management and customers
- Managing development partners with the goal to create long term relationships
- Reporting of project planning, budget and risks
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Detailed resource management of the complete R&D team
The Project Manager will report to the CTO
Knowledge and experience
- Master in a relevant technical field, for example mechanical, electrical or software engineering, physics or other technical discipline
- 5-10 years of experience in project management of highly complex and demanding projects
- PMI/PMP certified
- Technical background, strong organisation skills and proven success in management multiple complex projects at the same time
- Experience with innovative development projects, including the ability to manage the process from relatively vague requirements to a defined project
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and V-model
- Excellent communication skills and customer focussed attitude
- Travel to customer site or development partners as needed for project definition or execution
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’