Service & Support Engineer (USA, Midwest/ East Coast)
Additive Industries is dedicated to bringing metal additive manufacturing for functional parts from lab to fab by offering a modular 3D printing system and a seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
The number of systems that will be installed in the USA is expected to grow further in the near future. To reduce the response time to our customers in this region we are looking for a Service and Support Engineer, based in the Midwest/ East Coast region, to join the Additive Industries' Customer Lifecycle Support team. This multidisciplinary team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries, from system handover by the production team until end-of-life arrangements at our customers. The Customer Lifecycle Support team is an important interface between de customer and the Additive Industries team (research and development, marketing and sales). Next to that the Service and Support Engineer is also an important commercial ambassador.
You understand that a well-prepared execution of system installations, upgrades, replacements and maintenance is key to maximize the value of the Additive Industries’ metal additive manufacturing system. Preparations will start with the factory acceptance test of the system where you will cooperate with the production team. You will coordinate the shipment to the customer and execute the system installation and setup at the customer’s facilities. The installation is completed with a site acceptance test and a training for our customer’s operators and technicians. After a successful installation, continuous condition monitoring, maintenance, performance evaluation, diagnosis, upgrades and problem solving are an important part of your job. You will provide support remotely and if required on-site to maximize uptime. You will be the first and direct contact person for customers located in Midwest/ East Coast region of the USA.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Organize and execute successful installations at customer site resulting in final acceptance
- Provide general training to customers’ operators and technicians
- Provide 1st line support of Additive Industries’ products, remotely and when needed on site
- Execute condition monitoring, evaluate, diagnose and resolve problems
- Provide support to customers with preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and monitor remote support tools and issue tracking processes
- Currently based in the Midwest/ East Coast region of the USA
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English is a must, knowledge of Dutch in word and writing is considered an advantage
The Service and Support Engineer reports to the General Manager US Operations based in LA.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Industrial Automation or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with high tech systems and specifically hands-on experience with installing and/or servicing high tech systems
- Basic knowledge of control technology and electrical systems
- Experience using Windows and remote assistance tools
- Familiar with the terms FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports on a daily basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Practical experience in providing training to end-users
Culture Additive Industries
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’